At BayStar we offer customers comprehensive printing services and personal attention. BayStar's commercial printing capabilities offer a vast list of services and products which include full color printing, collating, bindery and many more services to fulfill your commercial printing needs completely. We have been servicing Angleton and the surrounding cities since 2000. At Baystar you will get expert printing advice and consulting and leave with complete customer satisfaction.
Our job is to make you look good. Our quality printing will make a lasting impression.
prepress service and tips
Our prepress department understands the value of time and the importance of deadlines. By keeping our services in-house, we are able to cut time and costs and pass the savings on to you.
It is best to build pages/documents in page layout programs. Our preferred program is Adobe InDesign. If you are using InDesign, please "package" the project when you are finished and provide the entire folder. Following is a list of tips to make your job print better and keep your cost down.
- Provide a hard copy (laser print) of the final file.
- Send all fonts used. If applicable, send screen and printer fonts. We can use TrueType fonts on the PC.
- Do not use "styles" for fonts in the application. If the font does not have a bold or italic version, it will not print that way on our Postscript 2 system.
- Vector based files can have the type converted to outlines to eliminate fonts, but will also eliminate the ability to edit text.
- Include all imported images and links with the files sent to NPC, even if the files have been embedded.
- All color documents and/or imported color files should be CMYK or PMS spot color (not RGB). CMYK images should not be used in a spot color job.
- Do not use WMF files. They must be converted to Illustrator or Photoshop files first.
- Delete unused colors from the color palette in your application. Do not use multiples of a color (i.e. 340 C, 340 CV, 340 CVC) as each of these will print as a separate color.
- Scans and non-vector based art should be 350 DPI resolution at the placed size.
- Remove unused text/graphics from the pasteboard outside the document image area.
- Keep text/graphics not to be trimmed no closer than 1/4" from the actual trim.
- Items that print to the trim (bleed) should extend 1/8" past the actual trim.
- Do not "float" your document on an oversized page.
- When more than one fold is used, such as in a trifold brochure, the panel sizes will reduce as the folds accumulate.
- Do not use MS Word or MS Office programs for color printing.
- Full color printout
- Emailed PDF
The BayStar prepress staff looks forward to working with you to achieve the highest quality job quickly and smoothly. We will work with you to make just about any file print the way you like; however, intervention time may incur an additional charge.
Please call if you have any concerns about this information or would like help with your file. We will be happy to assist you.